Wolfgram Memorial Library

Wolfgram Memorial Library

Welcome to the Wolfgram Memorial Library: the home of all of your resource needs.

Library Resources

Electronic Journals

Looking for a journal? Use our Full-text Finder to browse by journal title, subject or discipline. 

InterLibrary Loan

Need a resource the library does not have? Borrow it from another institution using ILL. 

Subject Guides

Browse our subject guides for subject specific research information. 

History of the Wolfgram Library

William Wolfgram
William Wolfgram

The Lieutenant William J. Wolfgram Memorial Library is named in memory of the son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Frank Wolfgram of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Lieutenant Wolfgram, who graduated from PMC in 1943 with high scholastic and military honors, was killed in action in Italy on April 16, 1945 while serving with the Tenth Mountain Division. After his death, his personal library was presented to the university and became the nucleus for a reference collection in English literature.

The library, dedicated in 1970, was designed by Vincent G. Kling and Associates. It is built of white brick and concrete, four stories and a penthouse high. Its imposing size, unusual triangular shape and pivotal location compel attention and make it the physical as well as the intellectual center of the university. Its main entrance, facing outward from the campus, invites the public to join with the university community in sharing its resources and facilities.

The library supports the academic programs of Widener University with a collection of over 180,000 volumes, 8,000 current print and electronic periodicals, 160,000 microfilms, access to over 100 online services, and a diverse collection of audiovisual and multimedia materials. Our diverse team of faculty librarians and staff keep the library open an average of 95 hours per week to assist students and faculty with effective use of these services.

Get in Touch