Adult & Continuing Studies Education Programs
Education isn't always linear. Whether you'd like to up your skills, pivot your career, or even start anew, you can count on Widener to support you throughout your personal academic journey and beyond.
Our Faculty & Staff Will Be Your Academic Advocates
Go ahead—launch into a 100% online bachelor's or associate's degree. Finish the degree you started before life got in the way. Increase your value at your organization by taking a skills training program. Engage in a professional development workshop or non-degree program. Or simply embrace the importance and joy of being a lifelong learner!
- Learn From Dedicated Mentors: Experience personal support from application to graduation. Our student success advisors will assist you with financial aid, evaluation of transfer and prior learning credits, and course selection. You'll take classes taught by professors with rich industry experience—the majority of whom have a doctoral degree. Every step of the way, you'll experience a level of support few schools can match.
- Join a Connected Community: Before long, your professors and classmates will feel like a second family. Together, you'll innovate, collaborate, and build a network that will follow you long after you graduate. You'll feel the benefit of this network as you rise in your career.
Earn an Online Associate's or Bachelor's Degree or Certificate
Here, you'll accomplish more than you ever thought possible, thanks to flexible programs designed for busy adults. Pick a 100% online program. Study part-time or full-time. Choose evening or weekend courses. With a degree from Widener, you can achieve your academic pursuits on your terms.
Flexible, In-Person Health Care Degree Programs
Widener offers several in-person programs for students who wish to pursue a rewarding career in the health care field.
- Accelerated Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (ABSN) Degree: Designed for students with an existing bachelor's degree, this program transforms earned credits so you can complete your BSN in as little as four semesters.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Bachelor's Degree: Gain clinical experiences through Crozer-Keystone Health System's School of Diagnostic Ultrasound.
- Radiologic Technology Associate's Degree: Gain clinical experiences through Crozer-Keystone Health System.
Degree Completion Online Programs
If you've already started your degree, we offer a convenient, cost-efficient plan for your degree completion. Here, you can transfer up to 90 credits toward your bachelor's degree—more than most universities accept—and also receive credit for prior learning. Our student success advisors will develop a personalized plan for finishing your degree and achieving your goals—on your terms.
Customize Your Education & Gain Career-Boosting Skills
Our flexible associate's and bachelor's degrees allow you to pursue minors and certificates—often at no extra cost or time.
Liberal Studies (BA)
+ Urban Activism Certificate
Use problem-solving and communication skills to address complex inequity issues in urban areas.
Program Coordinator at the Urban Affairs Coalition
Professional Studies (AS & BS)
+ Human Resource Leadership Certificate
Increase your professional impact with a strong understanding of leadership change, organizational development theory, talent management, and workforce strategies.
Allied Health (AS & BS)
+ Alcohol and Drug Counseling Certificate
Deepen your understanding and impact in the healthcare industry with the skills needed to address addiction.
Healthcare Coordinator at a Rehab Facility
Organizational Development & Leadership (BA & Certificates)
+ Psychology Minor
Apply an understanding of how people think and interact in a business/organizational setting.
Training & Development Manager
+ Criminal Justice Minor
Apply the study of social, behavioral, and psychological science through crime and the criminal justice system.
Mental Health Advocate at a Correctional Facility
More Ways to Expand Your Studies
Professional Development & Online Skills Training
Plan a training for your organization or invest in your own development. You'll walk away with practical skills you can apply from day one. Through our partnership with Ed2Go, you may complete more than 300 career training workshops across a wide range of disciplines.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI)
Discover the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), an academic cooperative designed for mature adults. Expand your intellect as you meet fellow lifelong learners.