Widener at a Glance
Widener University is a private, metropolitan university with a Main Campus in Chester, PA, and law schools in Harrisburg, PA, and Wilmington DE.
- More than 40 undergraduate majors and 50 minors.
- Numerous dual degrees and joint majors, such as environmental science/biology and psychology/social science.
- An exploratory studies program that helps you select a major that best suits your goals.
- 50+ graduate and professional programs, with several degree options available online.
- Nationally recognized leadership, civic engagement, and paid co-op programs that prepare you for a successful life and career.
6621 (including 3345 undergraduate, 2,325 graduate, and 951 law students)
2018 Average Freshmen SAT Score
Students represent 48 states and 37 countries, with 35% of the student body consisting of U.S. students of color and international citizens.
- Our undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio is 13 to 1.
- 90% of our faculty hold a doctorate or the highest degree in their fields.
- Our faculty have acquired more than $1M in grant funding for innovative research.
- Average merit scholarship for freshmen: $100,000 over four years
- Average merit scholarship for transfers: $14,000 per year
24 NCAA Division III sports teams
From soccer and volleyball to rugby and track, there are plenty of varsity sports to enjoy at Widener.
6 Club Sports Teams
Play on one of our 6 club teams from ice hockey to rugby and more.
15+ Intramural Sports
Grab some friends and start your own intramural sports team.
Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) championships won by Widener sports teams
3 National Championships
won by Widener sports teams
- 79% of Widener undergraduate students engage in service or civic engagement. That’s 27% higher than the national average.
- Widener offers 49 service-learning courses that drive students to use their hands and hearts to make a lasting impact on their community.
- We have alumni in all 50 states and around the world.
- Widener alums earned an average mid-career salary of $82,700, placing our graduates in the top 30 percent nationwide, according to PayScale’s College Salary Report.
- According to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, 95 percent of Widener’s 2018 graduates achieved their intended career goals (employment, graduate education, or military/other service) within six months of graduating.