Friday Evening Stargazing Session
- Current Adult & Continuing Studies Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Current Undergraduate Students
Looking for something to do after the sun goes down? Reach for the stars and explore the galaxy with Widener's Observatory!
Open to: Everybody! Group size is limited to 20 people
Registration: Required. Please see the form below.
Please follow the Widener Observatory on Facebook for any weather related updates or cancellations. You will receive an email with directions, information, and updates the week of the event.
*Visitors will be expected to follow all University policies including policies related to the pandemic such as masking, distancing, and other required measures.
Please follow Widener Observatory on Facebook for any weather updates or cancellations.
What to Expect
Become an astronomer for the night by visiting Widener's unique Observatory on our Main Campus in Chester, PA. Here, you'll explore planets, stars, nebulae, clusters, galaxies, and much more.
- Each session lasts for an hour, but it is not mandatory for visitors to stay the whole time.
- Sessions are hosted by astronomy and physics faculty as well as students in the undergraduate physics program.
*Stargazing sessions may be cancelled or rescheduled depending on the weather.
Getting to the Observatory
Finding the Observatory
- View maps and directions to Widener's Main Campus.
- Enter Kirkbride Hall through the south main entrance, facing the Wolfgram Library.
- Take the stairs (visible from the entrance) or the elevator (to the right of the stairs) to the 5th floor.
- Come to Room 501, the astronomy classroom, until the session is ready to begin.
- Free parking is available in the large parking lot at 17th and Walnut Streets across from the north side of Kirkbride Hall
- Additional parking is available on the street as well as in the lot directly east of Kirkbride Hall
- View more Stargazing events
- Learn more about the Widener Observatory
- Access Maps & Directions
- Find the Widener Observatory on Facebook
- View the Current Weather
Interested in attending a private group session? Contact M