Monday Twilight Stargazing Sessions
- Widener Observatory - Kirkbride Hall
- Current Adult & Continuing Studies Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Current Undergraduate Students
Light Up Your Night with a Monday Evening Twilight Session!
Open to: Everybody! - Group size limited to 20 people
Please follow Widener Observatory on Facebook for any weather updates or cancellations.
* Visitors will be expected to follow all university policies including policies related to the pandemic such as masking, distancing, and other required measures.
What to Expect
Become an astronomer for the night by visiting Widener's unique Observatory on our Main Campus in Chester, PA. Here, you'll explore planets, stars, nebulae, clusters, galaxies, and much more.
- Each session lasts for an hour, but it is not mandatory for visitors to stay the whole time.
- Sessions are hosted by astronomy and physics faculty as well as students in the undergraduate physics program.
*Stargazing sessions may be cancelled or rescheduled depending on the weather.
See Photos from Previous Observations
Getting to the Observatory
Finding the Observatory
- View maps and directions to Widener's Main Campus.
- Enter Kirkbride Hall through the south main entrance, facing the Wolfgram Library.
- Take the stairs (visible from the entrance) or the elevator (to the right of the stairs) to the 5th floor.
- Come to Room 501, the astronomy classroom, until the session is ready to begin.
- Free parking is available in the large parking lot at 17th and Walnut Streets across from the north side of Kirkbride Hall
- Additional parking is available on the street as well as in the lot directly east of Kirkbride Hall
- View more Stargazing events
- Learn more about the Widener Observatory
- Access Maps & Directions
- Find the Widener Observatory on Facebook
- View the Current Weather
Interested in attending a private group session? Contact Monica Connell.
Emeritus Professor, Department of Physics & Astronomy Director, Widener University Observatory
Admin. Assistant - Science Division