Engineering Summer Camp for High School Students
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
Offered every summer since 1996!
Day Camp: June 24-27 2019
- Tuition for Day Camp is $450*
Resident Camp: June 23-27 2019
- Tuition for Resident Camp is $900**
If you're interested in engineering, Widener's summer camp is the perfect place to start exploring. We’ll introduce you to this exciting field through the eyes of our top-ranked engineering program.
Widener’s Summer Engineering Camp is serious fun. You’ll make concrete blocks, launch soda bottle rockets, and explore the fields of chemical, civil, electrical, mechanical, robotics, and biomedical engineering.
Widener's Engineering Summer Camp was developed by engineering faculty at Widener to introduce high school students to the field of engineering in a nurturing, noncompetitive, "hands-on" environment.
Students experience a four-day schedule full of computer workshops, demonstrations, films, laboratory exercises, discussion groups, and presentations, all while having fun.
Typical Camp Activities (all led by engineering professors):
- Arduino Programming
- Balloon Car Design & Competition
- Blood Concentration Measurement
- Bone Stress Analysis
- Bottle Rocket Design & Competition
- Brain-Computer Interface
- Concrete Mix Design & Compression Tests
- K'Nex Bridge Construction
- Lego Robot Design & Programming
- Polyurethane Foam Generation
- Water Tower Design & Competition
- West Point Bridge Design
Feel free to browse our Engineering Summer Camp photo gallery from recent years.
*Tuition includes all laboratory materials and lunches.
**Resident camp tuition includes room and board as well as evening activities.
Registration for this event is closed.