Graduate Student Research Symposium
- Current Adult & Professional Studies Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Current Undergraduate Students
The Graduate Student Research Symposium (GSRS or SRS) is a celebration of graduate student research work in University Center (UC), usually the same week as Undergraduate Project Day at Widener University. Participants encompass students from five of the School of Human Service Professions (SHSP) graduate disciplines (Clinical Psychology, Education, Human Sexuality, Physical Therapy, and Social Work), as well as the School of Nursing (SON).
Check out awesome poster presentations and participate in panel discussions with presenters!
The first segment of the event is the open poster forum. During this time frame, attendees are invited to look at various posters and research from graduate disciplines/schools mentioned above. Panel discussions about the posters are held in UC break-out rooms. The event concludes with a featured oral presenter, who has 30 minutes to present their research topic. Concluding this is a brief reception celebrating student’s efforts, with hor d'oeuvres and beverages in the Atrium.
Get ready to learn, be amazed, and explore!
Important Dates to Remember
Application announcement: Monday November 18, 2019
Application deadline and abstract submission: Monday February 3, 2020
Graduate Student Research Symposium: Tuesday April 21, 2020
- Presenters must represent one of the disciplines mentioned above.
- Presenters must be a graduate or professional student
- All abstracts must be submitted through our electronic form by the abstract submission deadline.
- Each graduate student/group must submit ONE abstract (unless also presenting with a group) of no more than 200 words.
- Applications and abstracts not submitted through the electronic form or submitted after the deadline will not be acknowledged or considered.
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the GSRS committee.
- Graduate students will be notified of their acceptance/rejection by February 19, 2020.