Abbas Fattah, PhD
- Associate Teaching Professor
Programs I Teach
- PhD Mechanical Engineering (1995)
McGill University (Canada)
I enjoy teaching and classroom discussion. It brings me joy seeing the look of satisfaction on the students' faces. Instead of having a rigid classroom, I prefer to spend some time educating students using real-world examples and asking them questions, having them participate in the discussion to understand the materials given in the class. Moreover, I have accumulated a wealth of experience in teaching as well as an opportunity to broaden my knowledge on the fundamental subjects.
This knowledge has provided me some flexibility in adjusting my teaching interests to the emerging fields of design and technology. These experiences helped me develop and teach many new and modern courses and laboratories.
My research activities focus on the design and fabrication of mechanical systems, including robotics, mechanisms, machine/human interaction, and rehabilitation machines.
- Mokhtarian, A., Abbas Fattah, and Sunil K. Agrawal. "An Assistive Passive Pelvic Device for Gait Training and Rehabilitation Using Locomotion Dynamic Model." Indian Journal of Science and Technology 6, no. 3 (2013): 4168–4181.
- Dehghani, R., and Abbas Fattah. Non-linear Observer Design with Finite Time Convergence for Estimation of Unactuated Angular Variables of an Underactuated Biped Robot." Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering 225, no. 3 (2011): 331–344.
- Fattah, Abbas, Khatereh Hajizadeh, and Sunil K. Agrawal. Gravity Balancing of a Human Leg Using an External Orthosis Journal of Medical Devices 5, no. 1 (2011): 1–10.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)