Nancy Laplante, PhD, RN, AHN-BC
- Associate Professor
- Director, RN/BSN Program
- PhD, Nursing Science (2007)
Widener University (PA)
- MSN, Community Health Nursing (2004)
West Chester University of Pennsylvania (PA)
- BSN, Nursing (1986)
William Paterson University of New Jersey (NJ)
I consider myself to be compassionate and caring, and strive to engage my students in respectful dialogue. Teaching is a collaborative process between students and faculty, and there is a reciprocal relationship as we all learn from each other. As an advanced holistic nurse, I incorporate self-care, self-responsibility, spirituality, and reflection in my teaching and seek to be a role model for my students.
My research interests include Self-care practices; The Internet of Things; Engagement in online learning.
- Holistic nursing
- Self-care practices
- Nursing image
- Laplante, N., Laplante, P. & Voas, J. (February, 2018). Could the internet of things be used to enhance student nurses’ experiences in a disaster simulation? Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI), 22(1), Retrieved from http://www.himss.org/ojni
- Leroy, M., Laplante, N., Patterson, B., deRuyter, L. (2014). Perceptions of clinical performance differences: Bachelor of science in nursing and associate degree in nursing graduates. Teaching and Learning in Nursing, 9(4), 171-174.
- Laplante, N. (2013). Home care safety. In Perry, A.G., Potter, P. A. & Ostendorf, W. Clinical Nursing Skills & Techniques, 8th ed., St. Louis: Elsevier.
- Laplante, N. (2012). Becoming a holistic nurse educator. American Holistic Nurses Association eNewsletter, 11 (15).
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Associate Editor for the Journal of Holistic Nursing
The America Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), member
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, member
- Best Paper Award for the paper A Structured Approach for Describing Healthcare Applications for Internet of Things, 2015 IEEE World Forum on Internet of Things, Milan, Italy (2015)
- Awarded three Beamz interactive music systems (2012)
- Dr. Susan Slaninka MSN Alumni Award, West Chester (2008)
- Doctor of Nursing Science recipient of the Dean’s Award for Excellence (2008)
- Nancy Laplante Leads Publication by American Holistic Nurses Association
Nancy Laplante, director of the RN-to-BSN and RN-to-MSN program, served as chairperson on a task force to publish the American Holistic Nurses Association's (AHNA) newly revised "Holistic Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice 3rd Edition."
Share Link: https://www.widener.edu/node/11521/