Rose Rossi, PhD, MBA, RN
- Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs
- Associate Professor of Nursing
Programs I Teach
- PhD, Nursing Science/Nursing Education (2008)
Widener University (PA)
- MSN, Adult Health and Illness (1989)
University of Pennsylvania (PA)
- BSN, Nursing (1985)
Villanova University (PA)
Stories are a glimpse into the soul of a person. As a narrative researcher, I know of the transformative power of storytelling. Stories help us develop a deeper appreciation of the complexity of the human experience. As a teacher, my role is to help students go beyond the facts. It is equally important to help students grow as people, support their professional and intellectual development, and to expand their world views. Through this growth process, students better understand themselves, their clients, and the clients' experiences.
My research interests include the Business of Nursing Education, Nursing Leadership, Student Success, Genetics and ethics.
- Evans, C. & Schwartz, R. (2019). Using tabletop exercises as a innovative and practical teaching strategy in response to external disasters. Nursing Perspectives, Jan/Feb; 40(1), 62-64. doi: 10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000308
- Schwartz, R.R. (2010). Ripples from a stone skipping across the lake: A narrative approach to the meaning of Huntington's disease, Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 42 (3), 157–168.
- Stewart-Amidei, C., Villanueva, N., Schwartz, R., Delemos, C., West, T. Tocco, S., Cartwright, C., Jones, R., Blank-Reid, C., & Haymore, J. (2010) American Association of Neuroscience Nurses scope and standard of practice for neuroscience advanced practice nurses. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, 42 (3), E1–E8.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Sigma Theta Tau, Eta Beta Chapter (Past-president)
- 2018 Faculty Advisor of the Year (Student Nurses Association of Pennsylvania)
- Research Grant funded by Eta Beta Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International
- Faculty Development Grant funded by Widener University
- Best abstract at the World Federation of Neuroscience Nursing
- Nursing Faculty Publish in Nurse Educator
Assistant Professor Cathleen Evans, Professor Mary Baumberger-Henry, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and Associate Professor Rose Schwartz published a study in the journal Nurse Educator that demonstrated the transfer of learning that takes place among nursing students during disaster scenario tabletop exercises.
Share Link: https://www.widener.edu/node/11526/