How to Apply as a Transfer Student

Interested in transferring to Widener University? Our admissions team is here to help you determine your best path forward.

We made the transfer student application process as easy as possible so you can focus on what's most important–choosing a school that's a good fit for your future. 

Have you completed college coursework at another college or university, after graduating from high school? If so, you're in the right place!

Transfer students play an active role in our diverse and vibrant community.

We can't wait to learn more about you through your application!

How to Apply as an Undergraduate Transfer Student

This application process is for transfer students interested in enrolling in one of our full-time, undergraduate day programs. 

  • Complete your online application or the Common Application
  • Submit your official high school transcript (unless you successfully completed 60+ college credits)
  • Submit all official college/university post-secondary institution transcripts

Interested in transferring into our nursing BSN program? Transfer information can be found on the Nursing (BSN) program page.

  • Nursing - minimum 3.0 GPA (both cumulative and science) is required for consideration
  • Engineering - minimum 2.5 GPA is required for consideration
    • Additional Engineering Coursework Requirements:
      • A grade of "C" or higher in calculus
      • A grade of "C" or higher is required in one of the following courses (General Chemistry I, Physics I, or Biology*)
        *Biology course requirement is only for Biomedical Engineering applicants
      • Applicants can still apply if they are in the process of completing one of the course requirements. You will just need to show successful completion of the course before matriculation.
  • All Other Programs - minimum 2.0 GPA is required for consideration

Transcripts are an important part of the admissions evaluation process, especially for transfer students. If you are currently enrolled in courses and do not have your final transcripts, share your current transcripts now and re-submit your official final transcripts after completion.

Send Via Email

Please email your official transcript to the Admissions Office at

Send Via Mail

Printed copies of your official transcript can be mailed to:
Widener University
Office of Admissions
One University Place
Chester, PA 19013

Transfer course credit evaluations will be completed at the time of admission. If you are accepted for admission, you will receive a credit evaluation report via email, within 7-10 business days after the admission decision was received.

Haven't applied yet but still curious what credits may transfer? Although the priority is given to applicants, and may be limited during application peak times, our transfer coordinator will make every effort to perform an unofficial evaluation of credits for students who have not yet applied. Simply scan and email your transcripts to

What credits can transfer?

Courses taken at another accredited college or university will be considered for transfer credit if a student has earned a "C" or higher and it is a credit-bearing non-developmental course.

You must complete 50% of the courses in your major at Widener. To get an idea as to what may count as transfer credits, view our unofficial database of transfer course equivalencies.

Regionally-Accredited Agencies

  • Middle States Association of College and Schools
  • Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Higher Learning Commission
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges

Transfer Agreements and Program Guide Sheets with Local Community Colleges

Widener has partnered with numerous local community colleges to offer transfer course agreements to students.

Dual Admissions Agreements

We maintain close partnerships with Delaware County Community College (DCCC) and Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) and are pleased to offer dual admissions to qualifying students easing the pathway from an associate's degree into a bachelor's degree. After completing an associate's degree, qualifying students are guaranteed admission and merit scholarship to Widener University.

Delaware County Community College (DCCC)
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC)

Program-to-Program Articulation Agreements

Program-to-program articulation agreements map-out transfer credits and course suggestions to ensure you have the opportunity to transfer the most course credits as possible when attending Widener.

Visit our Articulation Agreement page for more information.

Transfer applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Except for Nursing, transfer students can start the program in either fall or the spring semesters.

Once your application and supplemental materials have been received, you can expect to hear a decision within 7-10 business days.

  • Open to: Full-time, undergraduate, day students; a minimum of 12 transferable credits are required for scholarship consideration. Second degree students are eligible for scholarships.
  • How to apply: Incoming students are automatically considered for academic scholarships. Scholarship decisions are based on cumulative GPA.
  • Scholarship amount: The average merit scholarship for transfer applicants start at $20,000 per academic year.
    • Awards will be based on a student's cumulative grade point average and major.
    • Assistance is dependent on how many credits are transferring into Widener, is applicable to tuition charges only, and is reviewed annually.
    • Transfer students who are members of Phi Theta Kappa honor society at the community college level will receive an additional $2,000 scholarship. Please email a copy of your certificate to
    • Students who reside on campus will be eligible for a $2,000 Campus Experience Grant. 

Meet Your Counselors

Our transfer admissions specialists are at-the-ready to help you throughout the application process.