HEERF III: Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds
HEERF III Student Portion Quarterly Reporting Information
- The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund III (HEERF III) is authorized by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP), which was signed into law on March 11, 2021. ARP funds are in addition to funds authorized by the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA) and the Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. Institutions who received HEERF I grant funds under the CARES Act were not required to submit an application for the HEERF II or HEERF III grant. Widener University will use no less than $4,033,738 (the student portion) of the funds received to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total estimated number of students at Widener University that may be eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under the ARP has not yet been determined.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the ARP
as of June 24, 2021 is $0.
as of June 30, 2021 is $0.
as of September 30, 2021 is $600.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the ARP
as of June 24, 2021 is 0
as of June 30, 2021 is 0.
as of September 30, 2021 is less than 10.
- The University is developing its strategy for distributing Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students under HEERF III.
HEERF III Institutional Portion Reporting Information
- The American Rescue Plan (ARP) also included additional COVID-19 relief for institutions of higher education. $3,984,261 is the total amount of funds that the institution was awarded from the Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for the Institutional Portion.
$0 is the total amount disbursed under ARP HEERF III award as of June 24, 2021.
$0 is the total amount disbursed under ARP HEERF III award as of June 30, 2021.
$2,576 is the total amount disbursed under ARP HEERF III award as of September 30, 2021.
This page was last updated October 5, 2021 at 1:56 p.m.