Christine A. Pariseault, PhD, RN
- Assistant Professor
Programs I Teach
- PhD, Nursing Education (2019)
Villanova University (PA)
- MSN, Nursing Education (2002)
University of Hartford (CT)
- BSN, Nursing (1995)
Villanova University (PA)
Nursing is my profession as well as a life’s calling to serve. As my career has grown as a ministry of healing and caring, my role as a nurse educator has grown into becoming a teaching scholar. The commitment to the discovery, dissemination and application of knowledge serve as a core foundation to my practice. My background in emergency and medical-surgical nursing; coupled with the education to link research, theory and practice; aid me to educate nursing students. My clinical background provides me with the knowledge and expertise of nursing practice. My educational background has aided my ability to disseminate research to students to fuel their own discovery of the art and science of nursing as a ministry of healing, compassion and service.
Everyone can learn. This is the root of my personal educational philosophy. The word LEARN is an acronym for my values as a nurse educator. The L stands for love; this is a love of what I do as a nurse. This is a passion to serve others and stands as a core. E is excellence. This is striving to grow, create, improve and innovate my profession. To foster students to think and act critically as they develop themselves as nurses and global citizens. Act is A. This is to ignite passion in my students so they may be catalysts for change and that they may embrace compassion and passion for their professional development and the world population. R is for responsibility and respect. A mutual respect for the teacher/learner relationship is vital. This is a respect that each student has the potential for much growth and independent thought. Lastly, N stands for Nurturing. This is nurturing of each student’s unique self and guiding them to use their potential to serve others, advance themselves and make an impact on the world around them.
Areas of Expertise
My area of expertise include emergency nursing, medical surgical nursing, patient safety, nursing administration and nursing education. I am a certified emergency nurse.
My research interests include polypharmacy, older adults/older adult healthcare and nursing education.
- Pariseault, C, Sharts-Hopko, N., & Blunt, E. (2020). Nurse Practitioners’ Experiences of Polypharmacy in Community Dwelling Older Adults. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, (in press).
- Pariseault, C. (2019). An Integrative Review of Methods of Measurement of Polypharmacy. The Journal of Nursing Measurement, 27(03), 554-574.
- Horsley, L., O’Rourke, J., Mariani, B., Doolen, J., & Pariseault, C. (2018). An Integrative Review of Interprofessional Simulation in Nursing Education. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 22, 5-12.
- O’Rourke, J., Horsley, L., Doolen, J., Mariani, B. & Pariseault, C. (2018). An Integrative Review of Interprofessional Simulation in Nursing Practice. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 49(2), 91-96.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Eastern Nurses Research Society
- American Nurses Association