Stephanie G. Wendling, CPA, CFP®, MSTFP
- Accounting & Taxation
- MS, Tax and Financial Planning (2018)
Widener University (PA)
I am an undergraduate and graduate Widener alum dedicated to guiding students to accomplish their goals. I mentor students who wish to have a career in accounting, taxation, or financial planning by embedding case studies with mock client situations into my courses, bringing in professionals to the classroom, and creating rigorous course content that will help students to pass licensing exams that will help them after graduation. I have based much of my research on taxation and financial planning topics that will help financial planners and clients understand complex topics that will aid their financial goals. Financial literacy is a passion of mine and I work with high schools and organizations to guest speak about areas of financial planning.
- Wendling, Stephanie, Tacchino, Kenn (January 2018). Strategy: Tax Diversification. Journal of Financial Service Professionals.
- Wendling, Stephanie, (September 2021). Tax Effectiveness of Qualified Longevity Annuity Contracts in Retirement. Benefits Quarterly.
- Hargadon, Safdar, Wendling, & Whang (June 2022). Tax Advice for Clients who Day-Trade Stocks. Journal of Accountancy.
- Wendling, Stephanie, Tacchino, Kevin (January 2019). Planning for Hobby Loss. Journal of Financial Service Professionals. Accounting & Taxation Columnist.
- Wendling, Stephanie (May 2019). Planning for Material Participation. Journal of Financial Service Professionals. Accounting & Taxation Columnist.
- Wendling, Stephanie (September 2019). Planning for Capital Gains and Losses. Journal of Financial Service Professionals. Accounting & Taxation Columnist.
In the Media
- Money Geek
Faculty members from the School of Business Administration have had an article published in the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants’ Journal of Accountancy.
Professor Joseph Hargadon, associate professor Irfan Safdar, instructor Stephanie Wendling, and assistant professor Katie Whang co-authored an article titled “Tax Advice for Clients who Day-Trade Stocks.”