Suk-Chung Yoon, PhD
- William R. Bailey Endowed Professor of Computer Science
- Director of Faculty Research Development
- PhD, Computer Science (1991)
Northwestern University (IL)
I earned a bachelor's degree from Yonsei University and a master's degree and doctorate from Northwestern University.
I'm interested in Web technologies, large scale computing, data mining, and bioinformatics.
- Song, X., & Yoon, S.C. (2015.) Adaptive common spatial patterns for multisubject brain computer interface. Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
- Qi, Y., Song, M., Yoon, S.C., & Versterre, L. (2011). Combining supervised learning techniques to key-phrase extraction for biomedical full-text. International Journal of Intelligent Information Technologies (IJIIT), 7(1), 33–44.
- Yoon, S.C., & Saltz, J. (2007). The role of large scale computing in computer science education: Panel presentation. Journal of Computing Sciences in College, 22(6), 136–137.
- NSF Grant $416,000 (2009)
- Lindback Award for Distinguished Teaching (2008)
- IBM Faculty Awards (2006 and 2010)