Katia Ciampa, PhD
- Director of Reading Programs
- Assistant Professor
Programs I Teach
- Cognitive Studies in Reading (EdD)
- Reading Education (MEd)
- Secondary Education (MEd)
- Graduate Education Certificates
- PA State Education Certifications & Endorsements
- Elementary Education: The Early Years and Special Education (BA)
- Elementary Education: The Early Years (Pre-K-4) (MEd)
- PhD, Education, Cognition & Learning (2014)
Brock University (Ontario, Canada)
I'm an assistant professor in the Center for Education at Widener University where I teach undergraduate and graduate courses in reading/literacy. My research interests include multiliteracies, the role of motivation in literacy learning, and supporting pre-service teachers’ literacy instructional practices.
Ciampa, K., & Gallagher, T. L. (2019). Exploring Canadian and American pre-service teachers’ self-efficacy and knowledge of literacy instruction. Teaching Education. doi:10.1080/10476210.2019.1658925
Ciampa, K., & Wolfe, Z. (2019). Preparing for dissertation writing: Doctoral education students’ perceptions. Studies in Graduate and Postdoctoral Education, 10(2), 86-108.
Herman, H., & Ciampa, K. (2019). Chapter 9: The effects of digital literacy support tools on first grade students’ comprehension of informational e-books. In J.E. Kim & B. Hassinger-Das (Eds.), Reading in the digital age: Young children’s experiences with e-books (pp. 175-196). New York, NY: Springer International Publishing AG.