Syed Ali Hamza, PhD
- Assistant Professor
Programs I Teach
- PhD, Electrical Engineering (2020)
Villanova University (PA)
I aspire to provide students with a genuine and engaging college experience that allows them to experiment and explore new things. I aim to instill passion and courage in students to question the given solutions and create new designs. Most students learn best through trial and error; therefore, in teaching, I encourage students to explore topics through a hands-on challenge. The critical thinking/problem-solving skills and effective learning practices gained in class are good preparation for their future careers.
- High Resolution Imaging Radar for Self-Driving Car
- RF Sensing for Assisted Living and Remote Patient Monitoring
- American Sign Language (ASL) Recognition
- Statistical Signal and Array Processing
- Cognitive Radar
- Adaptive Beamforming
- Massive MIMO and Intelligent Reflecting Surfaces (IRSs) for 6G and Beyond
- Sparse Arrays • Sparse Sampling
- Target Localization and Tracking
- Convex Optimization
- Machine learning
- S. A. Hamza and M. G. Amin, “Hybrid Sparse Array Beamforming Design for General Rank Signal Models,” in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 67, no. 24, pp. 6215-6226, 15 Dec.15, 2019.
- S. A. Hamza and M. Amin, “Sparse Array Design for Maximizing the Signal-to-Interferenceplus-Noise-Ratio by Matrix Completion,” in Digital Signal Processing, Volume 105, 2020, 102678, ISSN 1051-2004.
- S. A. Hamza and M. G. Amin, "Sparse Array Beamforming Design for Wideband Signal Models," in IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 1211- 1226, April 2021.