Yamuna Baburaj, PhD
- Assistant Professor
- Business Administration
- International Relations
Programs I Teach
- International Business Major: Bachelor’s Degree in Business (BSBA)
- Management Major: Bachelor’s Degree in Business (BSBA)
- Master's of Business Administration: MBA Degree
- PsyD/MBA in Health Care Management
- PhD, Strategic Management (2014)
Drexel University (PA)
Inspire and nurture the interest for learning and understanding the management of organizations from a macro and micro perspective.
- Yang, Y., Narayanan, V.K., Baburaj, Y., & Swaminathan, S. (2016), Team mental model characteristics and performance in a simulation experiment. Management Research Review.
- Baburaj, Y., & Narayanan, V.K. (2013) Five forces framework. Palgrave Encyclopedia of Management.
- Baburaj, Y., & DeCarolis, D. (2009) Relational and legitimation perspectives on the alliance management function, presented at AOM Conference, CA.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
Academy of Management
In the Media
- School of Business Administration Faculty Publish Article on Career-Preparedness Activities in Business Curriculum
Several faculty in the School of Business Administration, including Associate Professor Kerri Crowne Brannen, Assistant Professor Danielle Durant, Assistant Professor Yamuna Baburaj, Professor Donna McCloskey, and Assistant Dean Lou Anne Vike, as well as Peter Hornberger and Maureen Brown, co-authored an article in the November 2020 issue of the International Journal of Management Education. The article, titled "A program for embedding career activities in multiple core business courses," details a Widener program for embedding career-preparedness into the undergraduate business curriculum.
The program ensures every student in the School of Business Administration is provided with adequate career-preparedness training, and the school is well-positioned to achieve high job placement rates.
- Management Assistant Professor Co-Authors Two Published Articles
Dr. Yamuna Baburaj, assistant professor of management, recently co-authored two published articles. The article, titled "How to best utilize star employees," was published in the April-June 2020 issue of Organizational Dynamics. The paper discusses some of the challenges associated with star employee management and proposes strategies for managing this form of specialized human capital in any organization.
Another article, titled "Complementary Product Categorization and its Influence on the Make, Buy, and Ally Decision: An Exploratory Study," was accepted in March 2020 and published in the International Journal of Innovation Management. The paper examines the significance of a categorization of product complementarity on the firm governance decision.
- School of Business Administration Professors Publish Article on International Learning
Dr. Brian Larson, professor and department head of management, and Dr. Yamuna Baburaj, assistant professor of management, co-authored an article in the May 2020 issue of the Journal of International Business Disciplines. The article, titled "Alternative Multi-mode International Learning: A Model Establishing Collaboration," proposes a set of activities to enhance cross-cultural learning opportunities as a viable alternative to study abroad.