To begin your journey toward a PsyD/MBA in Health Care Management dual degree, you will apply to the PsyD program first. If you maintain good standing in the PsyD program, you may apply to the MBA program during the second semester of your first year.
PsyD admission requirements:
- Complete online application and pay application fee through PsyCAS.
- Please also pay the supplemental Widener application fee.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor of arts or a bachelor of science degree from an accredited institution. A major in psychology is desirable, but not required.
- Transcripts are required from all attended institutions. A minimum GPA of a 3.0 is required; competitive applicants have a 3.5 GPA or higher.
- All entering students must have completed a course in statistics, abnormal psychology or psychopathology, and research design or experimental psychology by the time they matriculate in the fall.
- All applicants are required to take the GRE or submit scores from within the last five years. Only the general GRE is required, but the psychology subject test is suggested as well. Applicants should receive a combined score of the 50th percentile or above on the exam. The submission code for the GRE is 7826.
- Personal character and attributes of emotional maturity and stability, as well as a capacity for relating to and working with other people, are also major factors in reviewing the credentials of applicants. Evidence for these attributes is sought from records of past performance, letters of reference, autobiographical statement, and work history.
Dual degree and MBA in Health Care Management admission requirements:
We accept applications for the psychology and business dual degree program during the spring semester of the first year of the PsyD program. The application process includes:
- A review of the applicant's standing in the clinical psychology program.
- A short essay articulating a sound rationale for pursuing the dual degree.
- A consultation with the business school dual degree advisor.
- An in-person interview with the director of the dual degree program.
After applicants are accepted into the psychology in business program, they gain formal admission to the School of Business Administration by signing a release form to have their application materials copied and forwarded from the Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology to the School of Business Administration.
We make every effort possible to accept all qualified individuals into the program. PsyD students rarely have difficulty being admitted to the School of Business Administration. Nevertheless, graduate student status in the Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology does not guarantee admission into the psychology in business program. Throughout students' tenure in the program, they must maintain good standing in the clinical psychology program in order to take business courses.