Widener University Commencement
Get Ready for May 2023!
Widener will host a series of five commencement ceremonies under a tent on Memorial Field the week of May 9:
- Tuesday, May 9 at 3 p.m. – School of Engineering
- Wednesday, May 10 at 10 a.m. – School of Business Administration and Center for Graduate and Continuing Studies
- Wednesday, May 10 at 3 p.m. – School of Nursing*
- Thursday, May 11 at 10 a.m. – College of Arts and Sciences
- Thursday, May 11 at 3 p.m. – College of Health and Human Services*
*Doctoral graduates from the School of Nursing and the College of Health and Human Services will be hooded during their commencement ceremony.
Information provided here is intended to help graduates and their guests prepare for commencement. Browse the robust FAQ section and the ceremony details chart for everything you will need to know to celebrate this spring.
Grads — this part's for you!
All students who anticipate graduating in May 2023 should have petitioned online by November 1, 2022.
If you missed the deadline, please log in to myWidener immediately to complete your graduation petition. Once logged in, go to Student Planning > Home > Graduation Overview > Graduation Application > Apply.
If you have any questions about the process, please email email@example.com.
On Monday, February 13, petitioned graduates will receive an email to RSVP for commencement via Marching Order, the university’s online commencement planning portal. Graduates will be given directions to create a Marching Order login.
Deadline to RSVP in Marching Order is Monday, March 13.
See the Marching Order FAQ for more information.
- Petition to graduate.
- RSVP for commencement in Marching Order.
- Complete degree requirements. Contact your adviser or program director to verify completion of degree requirements.
- Satisfy all financial and library obligations. Degree candidates who have balances due at the Bursar's Office or books due at the library must satisfy these obligations before they can receive diplomas.
- All students who borrowed a Federal Perkins and/or Federal Direct Student Loan while enrolled at Widener University must complete an online exit counseling session to review their rights and responsibilities. Information about how to access the online sessions will be sent by e-mail
- Obtain cap and gown from the Widener Bookstore. See the Regalia FAQ for pricing and order deadlines.
- If you or a guest require an ADA accommodation, see the Accessibility FAQ for more information on how to do so.